Step Free Access
Entrance- our main entrance offers step free access via a ramp. To avoid a speed bump at the main gates to the campus please use the pedestrian gate a little further east (towards Mile End Tube station) and cross the courtyard in front of the Queens building to the People’s Palace entrance.
Step free access to all areas (both stages have tiered seating but seats and wheelchair spaces are available on the front rows which can be accessed without steps). Please see our full guide below for information on the step free route around the site.
Full Step Free Access Routes Guide
- When entering the site please head forward past the Bi Pride UK shop on your right to enter the People’s Palace foyer where you can access the the Main Stage, the information desk and an accessible toilet, from here a lift will take you to the sensory room and trans changing room (also an accessible toilet) in the basement.
- To access the rest of the site please head towards the Main Stage and turn right under the stalls seating, a door will take you into the corridor where you can turn left to access the courtyard.
- The outside courtyard offers step free access to a bar and food vendors as well as a mobiloo. You can also access the Graduate Centre and Octagon from this courtyard.
- The Graduate Centre (I Am Proud Stage, Book Fair, Cafe and accessible toilet on the ground floor, Remembrance Space and accessible toilet on the 1st floor) is entirely step free.
- To access the Community Hub in the Octagon please use the entrance with an outside lift to the left of the main entrance. We regret that no accessible toilet is available in the Community Hub building due to unforeseen building work. Please use the 4 accessible toilets mentioned above or the mobiloo as appropriate.
- You can exit the site via the way you came in, or by the exit on Bancroft Road if preferable.
Multiple accessible toilets and a Mobiloo will be available
(A Mobiloo is a mobile accessible toilet with adult-sized changing bench, hoist and a friendly attendant.)
Standard toilets will be gender neutral, with clear signage indicating if the room contains urinals and stalls or just stalls.
Free sanitary products will be made available in each toilet, if yours has run out please try another toilet or ask at our information desk.
Ear defenders will be available to borrow from the information desk, please return them when you are finished with them.
Service Dogs are welcome, an area will be available for them where they will be able to go to the toilet and have a drink. Please ask at the information desk to use this area.
BSL interpretation will be available for both stages. Seats with clear site of our BSL interpreters will be reserved for those who require them.
The Simon Cremen sensory room will provide a quiet and relaxed space for those who need time away from the busy pride celebrations.
A changing room will be available for our Trans guests or others who are not able to travel to the event in clothes in which they are comfortable to be themselves.
Free water stations are available on site.
Vaccinations and COVID-19
We encourage all participants to ensure they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to take a lateral flow test on the day of the event.
Monkey Pox is currently a significant threat in London among gay and bi men (and non-binary and trans people) and other men who have sex with men. We suggest those who are eligible should consider vaccination against Monkey Pox and encourage all participants to check for lesions or spots, a fever or exhaustion on the day of the event.
Red wrist bands will be available for those who do not want to be photographed by official Bi Pride UK photographers. Please ask for this when receiving your general admittance wristband, or go the information desk located in the People’s Palace ground floor foyer opposite the Main Stage entrance.
Access Assistants will be available both at the entrance and at the information desk in the People’s Palace foyer, they will be wearing yellow T-shirts. Please speak to an Access Assistant if you would like any help to find your way around the site, direction to step free routes or information on our access features.
Both stages will be live streamed online for those unable to access physical events.
When is Bi Pride UK 2022?
Saturday, September 3rd 2022
2pm to 10pm
The People’s Palace, Mile End
(Located in Queen Mary University of London)
and Live streamed online