Ideal time commitment: approx. 10-15 hours per month; flexible
Responsible to: the Head of Volunteer Management
Bi Pride UK’s mission is to create spaces where people who experience attraction beyond gender can be freely visible and celebrate themselves and their identities. It’s not enough to be ‘welcome’ at a Pride. We make up a very large proportion of the GRSD (Gender, Romantic and Sexual Diversity) community – many stats actually say we’re over half the community – and we deserve to be visible and celebrated in our own right.
There are many ways to make this happen, and we work in many ways to bring this change about:
- Outreach work with other Prides, LGBT organisations and bi organisations– our consultation work with local Prides, the UK Pride Organisers Network and local and national LGBT organisations works in a tailored way to make sure that bi-inclusion is a top priority and is being done well
- Organising a high-profile annual Bi Pride event– from September 2019, Bi Pride UK made history with the largest ever gathering of bi people recorded. A performance stage, a panel stage, stall village, street food, and over 1,300 attendees. After going virtual with the BiFi Festival for 2020 due to Covid-19, we are aiming even higher for 2021
- Building a strong online and virtual community– just as important as the rest of our work is making sure that people hear about it! People need to know what resources and spaces exist for them, and how they can connect with other people like them
The Volunteer Management team is the people support team at Bi Pride UK. We support the recruitment, onboarding, retention and exit of all volunteers at Bi Pride UK as well as the recruitment of event volunteers for Bi Pride UK events. Our mission is to ensure that all Bi Pride UK volunteers have the best experience with us that not only supports our work but also enables them to grow in their professional and personal goals.
Our team is growing. We are looking for a passionate Volunteer Manager to support with the recruitment and onboarding of new volunteers at Bi Pride UK. The role will also involve working with the Head of Volunteer Management to oversee and find new ways to improve areas of the volunteer lifecycle and supporting other line managers to work well with their teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team that is looking to improve the way we support our volunteers & find new and creative ways to recruit diverse talent.
We are looking for someone emotionally intelligent and empathetic who will put people at the heart of how they carry out the role. You must have a strong understanding of diversity, inclusion and intersectionality, along with a demonstrable commitment to LGBT equality and race equity.
The Volunteer Manager will work collaboratively with the whole organisation to provide a proactive and inclusive Volunteer Management service. Their main responsibilities include
- Managing the Volunteer Management inbox for all application, interview & onboarding correspondence to ensure a smooth recruitment process
- Approving and setting guidelines for job descriptions & advertisement for team recruitment
- Finding new and accessible ways to recruit for Bi Pride UK volunteers
- Organising staff training sessions and activities
- Working with the Head of Volunteer Management to look into an internal comms framework for the organisation
- Advising line managers on how best to support their volunteers
- Coordinating various HR activities throughout the volunteer lifecycle
Why volunteer for a charity? Volunteering in your industry position is an excellent way to build up your skills and add another exciting project to your CV. Bi Pride UK are growing rapidly and quickly making a name for ourselves in the GRSD environment as a historic charity. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while making great change for a fantastic cause.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality and quickly build effective working relationships at all levels within the organisation
- A creative problem solver, always seeking solutions;
- A team player who is ready to get stuck in with an awesome charity team;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of developing HR processes and procedures in the charity sector
- Confidence to create and maintain new administrative processes and systems
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com