Bi Pride UK’s mission is to create spaces where people who experience attraction beyond gender can be freely visible and celebrate themselves and their identities. It’s not enough to be ‘welcome’ at a Pride. We make up a very large proportion of the GRSD (Gender, Romantic and Sexual Diversity) community – many statistics actually say we’re over half the community – and we deserve to be visible and celebrated in our own right.
There are many ways to make this happen, and we work in many ways to bring this change about:
- Outreach work with other Prides – our consultation work with local Prides and the UK Pride Organisers Network works in a tailored way to make sure that bi-inclusion is a top priority and is being done well
- Organising a high-profile annual Bi Pride event – from September 2019, Bi Pride UK made history with the largest ever gathering of bi people recorded. A performance stage, a panel stage, stall village, street food, and over 1,300 attendees. Next year we are aiming higher
- Building a strong online and virtual community – just as important as the rest of our work is making sure that people hear about it! People need to know what resources and spaces exist for them, and how they can connect with other people like them
The Bi Pride UK communications team is growing. Due to the success of our communications strategies in our 2019 operational year, we secured a fantastic amount of coverage across online and print media, but as we look forward, we understand the need to engage with our community who consume media in a different way. If you love creating content on Instagram, TikTok or other social media platforms, this could be the role for you.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Officer (Events) is a new position which will sit within the comms team, but will be a key member of the events team. You will support the events team across the two main events which are held – BiFi in June, and the main Bi Pride event in September.
This role will require forward planning and collaboration. We will need you to be responsive to both other Bi Pride UK staff members, and our followers on social media.
We would love someone to start ASAP, and the role will come to an end on 31st September.
- Liaise with the events and communications teams to produce content (copy, images, video) for social media and the BPUK website that is audience centred and highly engaging.
- Develop, run and evaluate digital campaigns aimed at increasing the profile of BPUK events, generating new supporters and increasing attendee figures.
- Utilise monitoring tools to evaluate and report on the performance of our digital marketing activities and channels with regards to the BPUK events.
- Contribute to press releases and press strategies in conjunction with your line manager, the Head of Events and the Head of Media and Comms.
Why volunteer for a charity? Volunteering in your industry position is an excellent way to build up your skills and add another exciting project to your CV. Bi Pride UK are growing rapidly and quickly making a name for themselves in the GRSD environment as a historic charity. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while making great change for a fantastic cause.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- A creative problem solver, always seeking solutions
- A team player who is ready to get stuck in with an awesome charity team
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Passion and a willingness to learn new skills.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org