Bi Pride UK’s mission is to create spaces where people who experience attraction beyond gender can be freely visible and celebrate themselves and their identities. It’s not enough to be ‘welcome’ at a Pride. We make up a very large proportion of the GRSD (Gender, Romantic and Sexual Diversity) community – many stats actually say we’re over half the community – and we deserve to be visible and celebrated in our own right.
There are many ways to make this happen, and we work in many ways to bring this change about:
• Outreach work with other Prides – our consultation work with local Prides and the UK Pride Organisers Network works in a tailored way to make sure that bi-inclusion is a top priority and is being done well
• Organising a high-profile annual Bi Pride event – from September 2019, Bi Pride UK made history with the largest ever gathering of bi people recorded. A performance stage, a panel stage, stall village, street food, and over 1,300 attendees. Next year we are aiming higher
• Building a strong online and virtual community – just as important as the rest of our work is making sure that people hear about it! People need to know what resources and spaces exist for them, and how they can connect with other people like them
The Bi Pride UK are growing. Due to the success of our communications strategies in our 2019 operational year, we secured original content across DIVA Magazine, Stonewall, Openly, Gay Times, and were featured in TimeOut and the Evening Standard. We launched our first advertisement campaign on the London Underground. We launched our website merch store and the Media Team have been busy doing great and beautifully designed comms work, all featured on our website.
We have also launched a new magazine as our original content platform – UNICORN, the world’s first bi and arts magazine, with the first issue containing photography from Costa Rica, Music from Cape Town, poetry about sexual exploration, illustrations, animations, articles and much more.
We’re now looking for a Digital Marketing and Communications Officer to help BPUK with their social media and other digital communications throughout the year.
• Liaise with the other departments of BPUK to produce content (copy, images, video) for social media and the BPUK website that is audience centred and highly engaging.
• Develop, run and evaluate digital campaigns aimed at increasing the organisation’s profile, generating new supporters and increasing income.
• Build, edit and send membership e-communications and other stakeholder journey engagement.
• Develop, write and deliver engaging supporter journey plans that enable BPUK donors to feel valued and encourage their contribution to campaigns.
• Utilise monitoring tools to evaluate and report on the performance of our digital marketing activities and channels
• Develop the use of PPC advertising such as Google Ads
• Contribute to press releases and press strategies in conjunction with Senior Management.
• Assist in the development, and ensure delivery of, BPUK’s digital strategy and communications calendar, encompassing social media, website, and email, working closely with the team.
• Provide reports on email and social media performance.
Why volunteer for a charity? Volunteering in your industry position is an excellent way to build up your skills and add another exciting project to your CV. Bi Pride UK are growing rapidly and quickly making a name for themselves in the GRSD environment as a historic charity. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while making great change for a fantastic cause.
• Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
• An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
• Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
• A creative problem solver, always seeking solutions
• A team player who is ready to get stuck in with an awesome charity team
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
• Strong written and oral communication skills.