Bi Pride UK is a registered charity which aims to create public, high-profile spaces for the celebration of the bi community and anyone who experiences attraction beyond gender, addressing an existing lack of bi-specific celebration at many Prides across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit volunteers who are able to deliver a variety of training, workshops, and outreach about Bisexuality (inclusive of other multi-spectrum identities) to local communities. We are aiming to improve services and environments for Bisexuals both within the workplace and wider community. We also want to promote Bi Pride UK to make people aware of support that can be on offer.
We need people who are confident and willing to challenge themselves, by delivering workshops and presentations and are able to adapt training materials provided centrally in order to tailor to local and organisational needs. The volunteers would be part of the E&O team and help to create web based learning around bisexuality in a bite-size, educational format. The team would be working remotely through conference calls and Slack. All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
We need people who are good at networking and are confident in promoting a range of possibilities and courses to their local area. The volunteers will also need to have a knowledge of the region and key organisations within the region.
Essential tasks to be undertaken within these roles:
- Engaging in skill shares with fellow volunteers upon induction to Bi Pride UK
- Liaising with and delivering training and feedback to events and policies through personalised networking with relevant charities, grassroots groups, organisations, and LGBTQIA+ groups
- Attending regular committee calls and communicating regularly with the Head of E&O
- Helping to develop a range of web based learning products which are accessible to the public for a donation
- Linking with local student union volunteers to set up training for local student unions to improve their relatability to Bi students
- Supporting Bi Pride UK to widen information and guidance around improving services and for bisexuals
- Supporting Bi Pride UK at events and promoting Bi Pride at relevant local events
- Access to Internet is essential in order to produce bite size educational materials for social media
- Suggesting new community initiatives
- Facilitating local groups to improve their work with Bi communities
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK
- Confidence in delivering presentations to a range of people
- Excellent skills in leading workshops and facilitating training
- Ability to adapt training to be relevant to local and specific audience
- Able to be part of projects with others online
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Note: please note that we are initially recruiting for the 5 locations listed above (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, North England, and South England). We will be reviewing these periodically and will be expanding the team further across the UK to cover more locations in the foreseeable future.