Bi Pride UK’s mission is to create spaces where people who experience attraction beyond gender can be freely visible and celebrate themselves and their identities. It’s not enough to be ‘welcome’ at a Pride. We make up a very large proportion of the GRSD (Gender, Romantic and Sexual Diversity) community – many stats actually say we’re over half the community – and we deserve to be visible and celebrated in our own right.
There are many ways to make this happen, and we work in many ways to bring this change about:
- Outreach work with other Prides – our consultation work with local Prides and the UK Pride Organisers Network works in a tailored way to make sure that bi-inclusion is a top priority and is being done well
- Organising a high-profile annual Bi Pride event – from September 2019, Bi Pride UK made history with the largest ever gathering of bi people recorded. A performance stage, a panel stage, stall village, street food, and over 1,300 attendees. Next year we are aiming higher
- Building a strong online and virtual community – just as important as the rest of our work is making sure that people hear about it! People need to know what resources and spaces exist for them, and how they can connect with other people like them
The Bi Pride UK Media Team are growing. Due to the success of our communications strategies in our 2019 operational year, we secured original content across DIVA Magazine, Stonewall, Openly, Gay Times, and were featured in TimeOut and the Evening Standard. We launched our first advertisement campaign on the London Underground. We sold out of online tickets for our first Pride event. The Media Team have been busy doing great and beautifully designed comms work.
With the design team having to manage more briefs and challenges from the wider departments, Bi Pride UK are looking for someone to lead and manage the in-house design team. This individual will be the main contact for all brand and design related queries and will be the brand guardian of the charity. Ensuring all design that leaves the in-house team matches our brand guidelines and is true to the charity. Responsibilities would include:
- Setting objectives and tracking progress of all volunteers in the design and brand team
- Creating briefing documents, a clear digital project tracker, and a workflow system for other departments and teams to request design work
- Managing project timings and expectations from the other teams for design requests
- Leading projects to evolve the branding into its next stages with new brand guidelines as outputs
- Leading the design theme development for Bi Pride 2020
- Recruiting and interviewing additional designers when replacements are needed
- Leading the design team to work with the digital team and PR team as the ‘Art Director’ for creative campaigns developed internally
- Monitoring consistency between all design outputs including print, web, digital posters etc.
- Researching and identifying areas of growth for the brand and design, working as the growth lead for innovation
Why volunteer for a charity? Volunteering in your industry position is an excellent way to build up your skills and add another exciting project to your CV. Bi Pride UK are growing rapidly and quickly making a name for themselves in the GRSD environment as a historic charity. This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally while making great change for a fantastic cause.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of bi people and communities in the UK;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- A creative problem solver, always seeking solutions
- A team player who is ready to get stuck in with an awesome charity team
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- (Preferred) A degree in marketing, advertising, PR, or business management
- (Preferred) Experience working for a brand or charity in design or project management
- (Preferred) Team management experience