VOLUNTEER ROLE | BI PRIDE UK
Ideal time commitment: 1-2 days per month, with the option to increase volunteer time to join team away days and participate in our annual Bi Pride event in September
Responsible to: Treasurer Trustee
Bi Pride UK is a registered national charity which aims to create public, inclusive spaces for the celebration of the bi community and anyone who experiences attraction beyond gender, addressing a lack of bi-specific celebration at many Prides across the country. The Finance Officer will join the operational team to help all teams access our financial resources, track our spend and meet our legal needs as a regulated organisation.
Working very closely with the Treasurer, the Finance Officer will be in contact with our volunteer teams especially in Education & Outreach and Events. The role can be flexibly developed in line with the individual’s current financial proficiency – a good fit for someone looking to build their skill set or confidence.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for preparing payment requests, communicating with our volunteer teams to help them understand our financial processes, tracking our spending against budget plans and support practical financial planning for all our delivered events. There are opportunities to play a role in other aspects of our work alongside this, eg attending Prides to represent Bi Pride, fundraising activities.
The Finance Officer will volunteer remotely, so will need access to a computer or laptop. We provide access to G Suite and other communication platforms. Our committee meetings take place via conference call on the third Monday evening of every month. All reasonable expenses incurred are reimbursed.
- Analyse monthly payments from our bank account records, to track against our budget plan
- Collate payment requests from teams, manage approvals and provide key data to Treasurer
- Work closely with E&O and Events volunteer teams to understand their financial needs, be a key point of contact and provide practical support and advice
- Help plan for financial aspects for our annual Bi Pride events, use learning from previous events
- Project manage small financial projects throughout the year
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Love of communicating with people, approachable & supportive manner
- Good use of Excel (or equivalent) for data analysis, able to use email programmes
- Experience of engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely
The Finance Officer will need to declare any current conflicts of interest.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by midnight on 31st March.
We may interview (by phone) on a rolling basis for this position. The position is open to anyone over the age of 18. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, especially minority groups such as applicants of colour, trans and non-binary applicants and disabled applicants.
Bi Pride UK is aware of the barriers that can be faced in gaining traditional work experience, particularly for BAME, disabled and trans people. We will give weight to this and encourage people when applying to consider caring responsibilities, including parenthood, volunteering, and other non-paid experiences and responsibilities when making their application.