VOLUNTEER ROLE | BI PRIDE UK
UK Prides Assistant Manager
Ideal time commitment: flexibility is required as more time is needed in the run up to and during Pride season.
Responsible to: UK Prides Manager
Bi Pride UK is a registered charity which aims to create public, high-profile spaces for the celebration of the bi community and anyone who experiences attraction beyond gender, addressing an existing lack of bi-specific celebration at many Prides across the country. The Prides Co-ordinator Assistant will be part of the Education and Outreach team, supporting the co-ordination or Bi Pride UK’s attendance at Pride events across the country.
The UK Prides Assistant Manager will be responsible for supporting the planning of Bi Pride UK’s attendance at Prides across the country, including all logistical factors. They will support the planning at which Prides Bi Pride UK will be in attendance, liaise with the Prides themselves regarding Bi Pride UK’s participation, co-ordinate merchandise for participation, recruit volunteers to march under the charity’s banner, and any other tasks relevant to ensuring Bi Pride UK’s full participation in its target number of Prides each year.
The UK Prides Assistant Manager will be volunteering remotely. Our committee meetings take place via conference call on the third Monday evening of every month. All reasonable expenses incurred are reimbursed.
- Working with the UK Prides Manager to plan Bi Pride UK’s annual Prides attendance;
- Liaising with Bi Pride UK volunteers to co-ordinate their attendance at Prides on Bi Pride UK’s behalf;
- Liaising with local Prides to confirm the nature of Bi Pride UK’s participation in their event;
- Sourcing sufficient merchandise and publicity materials for Bi Pride UK’s participation in Prides;
- Finding groups and individuals of bi people and allies to march with Bi Pride UK in Pride marches;
- Carrying out any other tasks which ensure Bi Pride UK’s full participation in Prides across the UK.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK who experience attraction to more than one gender;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills;
- Good IT skills & knowledge of computers for word-processing, database, email
- Well-developed and effective communication skills, (written and verbal) with proven ability to tailor communication style to audience
- Experience of engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
The UK Prides Assistant Manager will need to declare any current conflicts of interest.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 29th March.
We may interview (by phone) on a rolling basis for this position. The position is open to anyone over the age of 18. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, especially minority groups such as applicants of colour, trans and non-binary applicants and disabled applicants.
Bi Pride UK is aware of the barriers that can be faced in gaining traditional work experience, particularly for BAME, disabled and trans people. We will give weight to this and encourage people when applying to consider caring responsibilities, including parenthood, volunteering, and other non-paid experiences and responsibilities when making their application.