VOLUNTEER ROLE | BI PRIDE UK
Head of Volunteer Management
Ideal time commitment: approximately 10-15 hours per month, increasing nearer to our annual flagship event in September; flexible
Responsible to: the Secretary
Bi Pride UK is a registered charity which aims to create public, high-profile spaces for the celebration of the bi community and anyone who experiences attraction beyond gender, addressing an existing lack of bi-specific celebration at many Prides across the country. We are seeking a volunteer to act as the Head of Volunteer Management, leading a team of volunteers who will support the rest of the organisation to recruit, induct and support new and existing volunteers for year-round and event-specific roles and enable the charity to deliver its vital work raising visibility and awareness of people attracted beyond gender.
The Head of Volunteer Management
will be responsible for managing the volunteer management team, and will guide the delivery of all volunteer management-related infrastructure for Bi Pride UK. They will recruit the team of volunteers who comprise this function, and will work closely with all other teams across the charity to determine capacity needs and help find skilled and experienced volunteers for them. This will include on-the-day volunteers for Bi Pride UK’s flagship Pride event every September as well as other ad hoc volunteers. This team will also hold responsibility for internal communications across the organisation and volunteer recognition and celebration initiatives.
The Head of Volunteer Management will be volunteering remotely. Our committee meetings take place via conference call on the third Monday evening of every month. All reasonable expenses incurred are reimbursed.
- Developing and leading on Bi Pride UK’s volunteer management strategy;
- Managing and supporting a team of volunteer management volunteers;
- Ensuring that on-the-day volunteering for Bi Pride UK’s flagship event is sufficiently resourced;
- Coordinating with other Bi Pride UK teams to identify volunteer recruitment needs and timelines;
- Supporting the Trustee Board to recruit for and induct new Trustees as required;
- Ensuring that Bi Pride UK has robust volunteer recruitment, induction and support processes.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK attracted to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of people and communities in the UK attracted beyond gender;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- Strong experience of volunteer management in a charity or non-profit context;
- Strong project management, organisational and administrative skills;
- Strong experience of developing collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Understanding of team motivation, especially with people are not receiving financial recompense;
- Experience of holding volunteer and/or people management responsibilities;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The Head of Volunteer Management will need to declare any current conflicts of interest.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] by midnight on Sunday 23rd February.
We may interview (by phone) on a rolling basis for this position. The position is open to anyone over the age of 18. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, especially minority groups such as applicants of colour, trans and non-binary applicants and disabled applicants.
Bi Pride UK is aware of the barriers that can be faced in gaining traditional work experience, particularly for BAME, disabled and trans people. We will give weight to this and encourage people when applying to consider caring responsibilities, including parenthood, volunteering, and other non-paid experiences and responsibilities when making their application.