Ideal time commitment: approximately 5-10 hours per month, increasing nearer to our annual flagship event in March 2019; flexible
Responsible to: the Vice Chair
Bi Pride UK is a newly registered charity which aims to create public, high-profile spaces for the celebration of the bi community and anyone who experiences attraction beyond gender, addressing an existing lack of bi-specific celebration at many Prides across the country. We are seeking a volunteer to act as Production Manager, leading on organising Bi Pride UK’s first flagship event in London in March 2019, as well as other smaller events throughout the year to raise visibility and awareness of people attracted beyond gender.
The Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing the operational logistics and entertainment for the key Bi Pride UK events across the year, including any launch events and the annual Pride event itself. They will recruit, manage and be supported by a team of volunteers, and will liaise with other committee members to coordinate with them as required.
The Production Manager must be based in or near London, and will be volunteering remotely. Our committee meetings take place via conference call on the third Monday evening of every month. All reasonable expenses incurred are reimbursed. The successful candidate will be invited to join the committee at an Away Day in London on Saturday 28th April, with expenses reimbursed.
This role is not a Trustee position. If the successful candidate wishes to become a Trustee of Bi Pride UK as well, this can be considered on appointment, subject to an available position on the Board and a further interview.
- Creating project plans, timelines and milestones for all key events, including the flagship Bi Pride event;
- Liaising with local authorities, businesses and performers to make necessary arrangements;
- Making bookings, purchases, hires, tenders and contracts necessary for all key Bi Pride UK events;
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to support the organisation and delivery of events;
- Coordinating with other committee members around their role’s input into key events;
- Supporting the fundraising team on organising official Bi Pride UK fundraising events.
- Interest and passion for tackling discrimination against and improving the visibility of people in the UK attracted to more than one gender;
- An understanding of the needs of people and communities in the UK attracted beyond gender;
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Bi Pride UK;
- Strong events and project management, organisational and administrative skills;
- Strong experience of developing relationships with external stakeholders;
- Ability to make decisions calmly under pressure;
- Some experience of holding volunteer and/or people management responsibilities;
- Ability to self-motivate when working remotely;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The Production Manager will need to declare any current conflicts of interest.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 27th March. The position is open to anyone over the age of 18. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, especially minority groups such as applicants of colour, trans and non-binary applicants and disabled applicants.